Mehbooba appeals GoI, Militants for ceasefire in holy month of Ramadhan

SRINAGAR, MAY 04 (PTK): Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister and PDP President Mehbooba Mufti appealed Government of India and militants for ceasefire in the holy month of Ramadhan.

Mehbooba Mufti, while addressing press conference in Srinagar said, During the Month of Ramzan People pray day & night and go to mosques, I would like to appeal to Govt of India that just like there was a ceasefire during Ramadan last year, crackdowns, search ops should be stopped, so that people of J&K spend at least this one month in relief”.

“Ramzan will start in two days, and I appeal to GoI to declare a ceasefire in this month, just like it was done last year. The people of the state, especially the valley, have been going through very troubled times and they should be allowed to observe Ramzan with ease”, she said.

Mehbooba further added, “Government of India is at war with its own people in Kashmir. Be it the ban of Jamaat-e-Islami, ban of JKLF, the suspension of cross LoC trade, the Highway ban and the way people are being picked up by the forces. It seems in the name of curbing militancy, Government of India wants to break the people of Kashmir.”

Mehbooba Mufti also appealed to the militants that they also should avoid attacks in Ramazan. (PTK)