Ganderbal(PTK). Today on 17-04-2018 the students from ICT Govt Girls Hr. Sec. School Kangan Ganderbal Kashmir interacted with the students of Stonyhurst Southville International School, Batangas City Campus – Philippines.
St. Mark’s Sr. Sec. Public School, Meera Bagh – India. Bawa-Lalwani Public School Punjab – India.
The students talked about “Wealth, Charity and Poverty” the students discussed various issues like
1. Spiritual Material vs. Material Wealth: What is the difference between material and spiritual wealth?
2. How are these seen in the community and culture that the the students live in?
3. Are material wealth and spiritual wealth compatible or incompatible?
4. Wealth and Poverty Close to Home: What are examples of wealth, poverty and charity in the local community?
5. Responses to Poverty: What types of social action have the students participated in within their school and community?
6. Effective Acts of Charity: What are some ways that different religions and cultures approach these issues “how should we be good? Why should we care for of others?students shared examples from their own backgrounds as well as things that they have studied.
The program was organized by Generation Global facilitated by Ken Emery and technical assistance was given by Sanjay Bareja(PTK).